April 5th, 2017 X-Present 0-Absent
Monthly Town Board Meeting
7:30 PM Glenmore Community Center
Loppnow X Nowak X Klika X Kozlovsky X
DeMerritt 0 Ossmann X Guns X Kittell X
Attorney Gagan X Residents/Guests 10
TOWN OF GLENMORE---MONTHLY TOWN BOARD MEETING
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5TH, 2017, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE PUBLIC HEARING AT 7:30 PM
GLENMORE COMMUNITY CENTER 5718 DICKINSON ROAD, DE PERE, WI 54115
AGENDA:All agenda items, except for Resident Input, are intended for discussion/ consideration and possible action, unless noted.
1. CALL TO ORDER 7:35 PM.
2. Notice to all that Video Recording is taking place by Chair Rick Loppnow.
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by all.
4. WELCOME by Chair Loppnow.
5. Certify Wisconsin Open Meeting Law certified by Clerk Ossmann.
6. Request for a rezone for GL 101-4 from R-1 Residential to B-1 Community Business for Joe and Jenny Delcorps 1730 Scray Hill Rd. De Pere to convert use of the property to a state licensed child care center. Motion by Loppnow, 2nd by Nowak to open the floor to the Delcorps attorney. M/C by unanimous voice vote. The attorney spoke in regards to item the Community Business Ordinance A2, which states “All business, servicing, or processing, except for off-street parking or loading, shall be conducted within completely enclosed buildings.” Attorney Bob Gagan responded. Atty Gagan also discussed how contract zoning could work. Zoning is about the health, welfare and safety and we need to make sure that the Town is acting and zoning in the health, welfare and safety of the Town according the Town’s Attorney. Ann Schaefer had questions in regards to the options that the Plan Commission has. Elaine Kittell spoke in regards to the ordinance and the changes that she is suggesting in regards. Community Business Ordinance is being sent back to the Plan Commission by the Town Board and no action is being taken on this item at this time.
7. Discuss definition for “existing site” in A-1 Agriculture. Ann Schaefer addressed the changes, to change A-1 Agriculture, Page F-3, B-2 to the following:
2. Single-family residences existing as of 5-5-08, and additions thereto or replacements thereof on the existing site (within 200 feet of the existing residence), including normal residential appurtenances such as a pool, deck or patio.
Motion by Loppnow to change as the Plan Commission presented, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
8. Review changes to Municipal Code of Ordinances, Chapter 22—Sexual Offenders Residency Restrictions. Atty Bob Gagan spoke on the changes. On page V# Paragraph C5d4 was changed to read as follows:
4. The residence is also the primary residence of the person’s parents, spouse, or children provided that such parent, spouse or child established the residence at least two years before the designated offender established residence at the location.
Motion by Klika to approve the changes to Municpal Code of Ordinances Chapter 22—Sexual Offenders Residency Restrictions, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
9. Zoning Administrator ReportDon Brantmeier building a garage, John VanLanen is adding on to his House.
a. Driveway Permits presented Mitch VanOss and Jake Kroenig are requesting drive way permits. Motion by Loppnow, 2nd by Klika to approve the driveway permits as presented. M/C by unanimous voice votes.
10. Plan Commission Chair Report Meeting next week. Going through some ordinances and reviewing a CSM for Jason Pansier.
11. Building Inspector report. Report received from Marty Johnson.
a. Non-compliant issues
12. Constable’s Report Nothing to report.
13. Assessor’s Report Given by Seth via e-mail.
14. Treasurer’s Report nothing to report.
15. Community Center issues
16. Bids / Estimates
a. Greenleaf Greenscapes agreed to extend the contract for 2 years on the lawn cutting. Motion by Klika to accept the 2 year contract, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
b. Scott Construction gave a bid for the 2017 road repairs. Motion by Loppnow to accept the road bid from Scott Construction as presented, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
17. 2018 Contract with Brown County Motion by Loppnow to approve the municipal agreement the same as last year and to approve a guarantee fill of 200 ton and a reserve of 100 ton of salt with the state, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
18. Various road, sign, culvert, ditch and bridge issues Board is looking at various road signs.
19. Traffic Patrol within the Town of Glenmore Motion by Klika to extend service through the month of May, 2nd by Nowak. Nowak questioned if we have received any money back from the court on these. Loppnow will look into this. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
a. March 6th, 2017 Zoning Public Hearing
b. March 6th, 2017 Town Board Meeting
Motion by Nowak to approve the minutes for both March 6th, 2017 meetings, 2nd by Klika. M/C by unanimous voice vote
21. Summary Budget / Current Bills Motion by Loppnow to approve the bills as presented along with Wayne Carter for up to $4,300, 2nd by Nowak. M/C by unanimous voice vote.
22. Clerk’s Correspondence Presented by Clerk Ossmann.
23. Chair’s Correspondence Presented by Chair Loppnow.
24. Resident Input No resident input.
25. Adjournment Motion by Loppnow, 2nd by Klika to adjourn. 8:52 PM.
THE BOARD MAY OPEN AGENDA ITEMS FOR RESIDENT INPUT.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, May 1st, 2017
Any person wishing to attend who, because of disability, requires special accommodations should contact the Town Clerk (920-864-3420) at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting so arrangements can be made.
Members of other Town committees, who are not members of the body whose meeting agenda is above noticed, are entitled, as any other citizen of the Town of Glenmore, to attend this meeting in an unofficial capacity. It is possible the attendance of one or more non-members may create a quorum of the membership of another body. Such a quorum is unintended and the non-members are not meeting for the purpose of exercising the powers or duties attendant upon their membership on any Town committee or board.
I hereby certify that the above minutes (thus far unapproved) are those of the Town of Glenmore, Monthly Town Board Meeting.
Cindy Ossmann, Clerk